Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Too Early for Tulips


My tulips are poking out of the ground. I am a little nervous that they are too early.
When I surveyed my yard yesterday I could see them coming up everywhere except for in one flower bed. I was curious as to why so I dug up one bulb. It was planted UPSIDE DOWN. ...everyone of the bulbs in that bed is upside down so the roots are sprouting out the top and the little green shoot is coming out the bottom and beginning to make a u-turn toward the surface. Ethan and Levi laughed a lot when I confronted them with the bulb. (Planting them was their job.) I still think the flowers will grow but I will watch the boys more closely next time I entrust them with important outdoor jobs.

1 comment:

six of us said...

Mine are also poking through! And I am nervous as well. My kids re-arranged all the bulbs as they dig in my dirt all the time, so probably Carrie's will be in nice rows and mine will be in crazy assortment...that is if they don't die before spring really comes!