Thursday, August 28, 2008

My Favorite School Supply


My favorite purchase for school this fall is my Mr.Sketch Scented Markers. My teachers always had these in my elementary classes and I loved them. The red marker smells like cherries. The green marker smells minty. My favorite is black. That licorice smell takes me right back to the 3rd grade. I would borrow them from my teacher and before applying the ink to my paper, I'd take a deep sniff and usually end up with a marker dot on my nose.

I am not exactly sure what we are going to use these markers for but they will be sitting next to my teacher planner on Monday. My children can experience Mr. Sketch Markers for themselves this year. "They" say that people learn best when all their senses are engaged. We are going to engage the nose. And if they dry up or run out of ink, I had the foresight to order several more boxes which are stashed in my closet.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think black licorice would smell gross!

Anonymous said...

PS that last comment was from Levi

six of us said...

I wish we had bought some of these markers, too! This sounds like a fun school addition...thanks for doing this blog--I can already tell I will gain much from reading it. :)

Anonymous said...

I like the smell of sharpies

Susan said...

Sounds like something that would work well for maps and for science illustrations.