Friday, July 3, 2009

Baseball Bragging


Ethan and Levi had their end of the year baseball party last night. They came home with smiles all over their faces. The coach gave out 5 awards and they got 2 of them. Levi won the Golden Glove award for being the best fielder. (He played shortstop.) And Ethan got the Most Valuable Player award. (The coach gave this to one other kid as well. The other two awards were for kids who were most improved.) So they were both feeling pretty good about themselves ....the Miles brothers.

This had been a good season for them. They had a ton of fun. And playing on a team together has given them a great shared experience. Throughout the season I could hear them continutally discussing plays and games together. I could hear them at night in their beds arguing over what happened in a game and laughing together. Before I became a parent, I had no idea of the delight I would receive in seeing the friendships develop between my children.

No comments: