Monday, September 21, 2009

Double Yolk


Daisy laid an egg with a double yolk... and in egg folklore, double yolks are considered lucky. So if we put stock in those things, I would assure my kids that is is a sign that tomorrow, their first day of the charter school classes, is going to be great.
But if I did tell them that, Ethan would quickly correct me and tell me that double yolks are a sign of an unsynchronized laying cycle in a young hen. Levi would ask if he could be the one who eats the egg. And Natalie would then inform him that she already ate it which would lead to an argument about whose hens they are anyway and who gets to claim the eggs. So I think I won't mention the old wives' tale.
The kids are a little nervous about tomorrow. Levi has band, P.E., and a science class. Ethan has band and Spanish. And Natalie has her three: speech, literature, and Spanish. I have a friend watching the little guys so that my full attention can be on the older kids. (I will owe this friend big time...Cente and Marcos take a lot of energy and she's doing me a huge favor.)
Tomorrow will be fun. There's a Dutch Bros. right on the way to school. I will celebrate with a large Americano.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your friend (and her daughter) are excited to do it!

Unknown said...

If you buy the "EX"large eggs at the store...it is not unusual to find double yolks...never gave me any luck since I like the white and not the yolk.