Thursday, October 16, 2008

Beginning the Odyssey

We began our 4 week excursion through "The Odyssey" this week. It is a little daunting. The translation we are reading is written in dactylic hexameter. I am not sure exactly what that means but I will find out as I prepare to teach today's lesson.

I was thinking this morning that it is a shame I don't have a few more kids. This year, I am going to just get this curriculum figured out and then not have a chance to put into practice what I have learned in another go around. I will probably use this curriculum with Levi in a few years but with only one student, it will be somewhat different. Maybe I need to adopt a few junior high students when he is this age to be fellow students. Or maybe I can create a very small private school.

2 comments:

six of us said...

I can think of a few potential classmates for Levi! :)

Anonymous said...

definatly start a private school- I'm not joking that would be awesome. Only don't charge a bazillion dollars or I won't come.
Hannah