Thursday, October 9, 2008

Playing with matches

A few days ago, I was getting rid of old candles that I burn in my fireplace and the boys begged me to not throw them away but to allow them to "experiments" with the wax and wicks. While preparing dinner this evening, I heard a lot of laughter coming from the garage. When I peeked out there, I found my boys playing with fire. They promised to make me a candle and to clean up their mess so I let them play a while longer.
We picked pears with our friends Debi and her son, Caleb last week. We have eaten and eaten and eaten pears. They were delicious. I had one large bowl full of pears left this afternoon and I decided to dry them before fruit flies took over my kitchen. Our house is filled with a warm fruity smell at the moment as the dryer blows air around the pears. I think they will be done when we wake up tomorrow. Yum.

No comments: