Monday, December 8, 2008

Countdown....


I told the kids I would give them a long Christmas break if they worked hard this fall so we have one more week of school left until we being our 3 week break. Yippee!

Fun activities planned for this week are:
  • Last BSF Bible Study (In January, our schedule is too crazy with Todd teaching two night classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays. If were to be gone on Monday evening, we hardly see him.)
  • Portland Trailblazer game on Tuesday (the kids earned free tickets through the Portland Library Summer Reading Program.)
  • My Birthday. I haven't decided yet whether to give the kids the day off in honor of their mother... but I may.
  • Friday we have tickets to go see the play "Wizard of Oz". One of Natalie's friends from church is Dorothy.
  • We have a Western Faculty Christmas party Friday. The kids will stay home with our friend Stacie and watch the old Christmas movie "Miracle on 34th Street".
  • Saturday we have a church Staff/Elder Christmas party and I am hoping the kids will be able to hang out with some other friends of ours.
  • Somewhere in all this I have to fit in a chicken butchering. Our friendly seminary student/executioner had a Christmas party to attend Sunday and had to back out at the last minute. I have to reschedule the beheading for this week some time.

No comments: