Monday, December 8, 2008

Grocery Shopping


I had to do a major grocery shopping trip last night. Natalie is usually my helper but she wasn't feeling well so I told Ethan he needed to go with me. He was not thrilled. In fact, he was very unhappy. Going up and down grocery store aisles with his mom comparing prices, reading ingredients, and looking through coupons is pure torture to him.

I told him I was preparing him to be a good husband and that he can learn how to be a patient, long suffering helpmate to his wife someday by tagging along and pushing the grocery cart for his mom. Needless to say, he failed the test... or should I say, he needs more practice being patient and long suffering. Consequentially, he gets to go grocery shopping with me the next time as well.

(I don't know how a 12 year old boy can be too weak to push a grocery cart because he is dying of thirst. He knows I am blogging about him... and his comment is "It WAS torture...like being on the rack!")

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Bet you missed ME!!! :D