Thursday, February 5, 2009

Levi's book


While the Almanac was an appropriate Christmas gift for Ethan, we thought that a joke book suited Levi. After the holidays, he placed it on his shelf and I thought he was not interested. But recently, I heard laughter coming from the boys' room after they were tucked in for the night and found them sitting on Levi's bed singing songs from the joke book such as "Everyone's doing it...doing it...doing it...Picking their nose and chewing it...chewing it..."

Then they discovered the pages with ways to describe a not-so-smart person such as:
  • "not the sharpest knife in the drawer."
  • "the wheel is spinning, but the hamster's dead."
  • "one fry short of a happy meal."
  • or the favorite "the antenna isn't picking up all the channels" which my boys understand since we do use an antenna on our TV.
I have had to set parameters for the use of these phrases. They were slinging them around a little too liberally. I don't know if the boys understood my restrictions though... since with boys and humor sometimes the elevator doesn't go all the way to the top. Ha.

No comments: