Thursday, February 5, 2009

Rethinking my gift giving


I bought Ethan a 2009 Almanac for Christmas. He enjoys statistics and trivia and so I was pretty sure he would eat it up. What I did not count on was his sitting next to me in the car with it open in his lap, peppering me with questions.

"Mom, can you name 5 people in the baseball hall of fame?"

"Mom, guess how many marriages there are per thousand people compared to divorces?"

"Mom,...Mom... are you listening to me? Mom, can you name common infectious diseases?"

I think he likes hearing me say "I don't know. Why don't you tell me?"

I finally had to tell him to quit phrasing his conversation in the form of a question. "If you find something interesting, just say 'Listen to this interesting fact, Mom...not do you know.'"

No comments: