Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Making Valentine's Day Cards




We are making Valentine cards today and I had the kids sit down and write out some of their own rhymes for their cards... which was not successful. The writing exercise deteriorated into giggles and silly put-down poems which I will not allow them to use especially since the cards are meant for grandparents, aunts, and sweet friends from church. I told one of the boys he could send one of the ruder rhymes to his cousin who would appreciate it but I was informed that boys don't send other boys Valentines. (To which my other son said "I don't send girls Valentines either!")

Here is one written to me by one of my sons (Levi):

Mom is drinking coffee in a big, ugly mug.
Every second, you hear another big chug.
She always has bad breath,
It almost brings me to my death.
Though her breath is really bugly,
She is always quite the opposite of ugly.
Happy Valentine's Day Mom.

Lovely, huh?

Here is one by Ethan:

They give you roses...I give you thorns.
They give you cheers...I give you scorn.
They give you ice cream...I give you cones.
They give you chocolates...I give you poems.
Happy Valentine's Day

I don't think they will ever be hired by Hallmark.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jonah and Cai liked the valentines poems. Can't imagine why! Tovi and Annika thought they were very funny. Will they write one for us? Elee