Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I need a substitute teacher

When I was paid to be a teacher, I had 10 sick days a year and 2 or 3 personal days to use. Now that I am not paid, but still a teacher, I have no sick or personal days. And boy, could I use one. So could my kids.

I may have to do the Miss Nelson is Missing thing...

If you haven't read that book, here's a description from Amazon:

"As the book points out immediately, the kids in Room 207 were the worst behaved class in the whole school. They were rude and nasty and they didn't pay any attention to their sweet-natured teacher Miss Nelson. One day, however, Miss Nelson does not come to school. In her place is the nasty, mean, foul-tempered witch Miss Viola Swamp. A true crone through and through, Miss Swamp immediately whips the children into shape. They are crushed by homework and forced to work that's long and hard. It's not too long after Miss Swamp's arrival that the children start yearning for the lovely Miss Nelson. Unfortunately, no one seems to be able to find her. Finally, one day Miss Nelson comes back and the class is as well behaved as it can be. Only the telltale black dress hanging in Miss Nelson's closet suggests that there may have been more to the class's transformation than initially met the eye."

No comments: