Thursday, November 13, 2008

Christmas Plans

The kids and I made a long list of all the Christmas/Holiday activities that we want to do this year. Here is a partial list:
  • Make and frost Christmas cutout cookies.
  • Make fudge, divinity, popcorn balls, toffee, peanut brittle, and chocolate nut clusters.
  • Make gingerbread houses.
  • Put up and decorate a tree.
  • Make food gifts for our friends and deliver them.
  • Sleep under the Christmas tree.
  • Go ice skating.
  • Read "The Best Christmas Pageant Ever".
  • Drive around and look at Christmas lights.
  • Watch "It's a Wonderful Life", "Miracle on 34th Street", "A Christmas Story", "A White Christmas", "A Charlie Brown Christmas" and all the old TV specials like Rudolf and Frosty.
  • Read "The Gift of the Magi".
  • Go to the Christmas Eve service at Church.
  • Go to the mall and watch people shop while drinking coffee or hot chocolate.
  • Make Christmas ornaments.
  • Make paper chains to stream throughout our entire house.
  • Hang lights from the boys bunk beds.
  • Invite our friends over whenever there is a free moment.
  • Play all of our Christmas CDs over and over until we are sick of them.
  • Go to the Nutcracker. (Actually, I am the only one who wants to go to the Nutcracker. I did find a Jazz group who is performing the music from the Nutcracker. I might get them to go to that.)
  • Go to a Sing-Along version of Handel's Messiah (Actually, I am the only one who wants to do this too BUT fortunately, I am the only person who gets to decide. "Hallelujah, Hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah, haaalleeeluuujaaahhh!" I am already warming up my vocal chords. The kids won't forget this.)
  • Address and mail Christmas cards. It is kinds of a joke around here. I have several batches of Christmas cards I have addressed in past years but never mailed. I wanted to write personal notes in each one and by the time I actually could have got around to the personal notes, it was Valentine's Day and much too embarrassing to mail them. Natalie told me I can just mail those out this year. Hmmmm. No one would know the difference, would they?
Does anyone have any more ideas for us? We love this time of year.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fun, Fun, Fun!!