Monday, November 17, 2008

Arguing...here, there,...everywhere



My kids have all entered the argumentative stage. They thrive off disagreeing with each other. They can debate anything. On the way to Bible study tonight, they were arguing over whether Ethan could be a great cook if he wanted to be someday. Natalie said his food tastes were too narrow. Ethan insisted he could cook anything because he doesn't have to taste food to prepare it. Levi said that Ethan would be a way better cook than Natalie.

"Why is that?" I asked him.

"I'd hire him mom. He would make me pancakes for every meal."

Natalie chimes in "THAT IS MY POINT! He would NOT make a great chef...He only eats about 5 things."

And they were off... arguing the rest of the way. At one point all three kids were talking loudly to each other at the same time.

When we got back in the van after Bible Study, they picked right up where they left. I asked Natalie if she would make cookies for me on Thursday....and Ethan said "I should be the one to make the cookies..." and they all started talking again. Time to put them in bed and enjoy the peace and quiet.

No comments: