Thursday, November 13, 2008

Earlier risers or late-to-bedders


What to do about our schedule? That is my quandary.

I would love to be a get up early, have the kids at breakfast table by 7:00, and begin school by 8:00 right after having finished all our chores. BUT... our lifestyle does not seem to be suited for this. I planned on this schedule when I began the school year in September but it is not working and I keep feeling guilty about not managing it.

We just cannot get into bed at a time that fits us for an early morning. Last night was youth group and AWANAs. We were not in bed until 11. After church, we still had to eat and I went ahead and read to them, talked about our day and the next days plans, then sent them to bed.

If it was only Wednesday we still might be about to swing early mornings, but Monday night we have BSF. Tuesday Todd is out until 10:00 at Elders meetings and Nan sometimes babysits and gets a ride home with her dad. They get home at 10:30. We are up late on Friday because...it's Friday, of course. And the weekend doesn't count. Right? Every other Sunday we have small group and that tends to go late. On lots of Saturdays this fall we went to OSU games and often got home late.

I keep needing to skip the bedtime routine they love in order to rush them into bed by 10. But that can't be good. I think I may just say our bedtime is 11. And we don't get up until 9:00. We probably will be in bed earlier than 11 and up before 9, but at least it will help my guilt.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a GREAT plan! Don't feel guilty. Just look at how good I'm turning out.:) (Just joking)

Love you! You're a great teacher.

Love, Natalie