Monday, September 22, 2008

Busy Monday

Levi's Weekly Reading and Nan and Ethan's. Levi gets to read another "girl" book but so does Ethan so he's not complaining too much.

On Mondays, the kids wake up and the first thing they want to know is "What are we doing special this week?"
This morning, I had a packed schedule to list for them. Today they have their first violin lesson and Bible Study Fellowship. Tomorrow, we have fencing and Natalie and I will begin a a Bee Keeping Intro Class. Then Wednesday is the usual but they like youth group and Awanas so they look forward to that. On Thursday, they'll go to the seminary with their dad, while I go to a 4-H leaders training. While there, the boys will have their piano lessons. At 3:00, Todd will take them and head to Corvallis for the OSU/USC game. Our friend, Trent, will be going with them so they are especially excited about that. Friday, we want to pick apples or pears somewhere. This is all in addition to our full school days. They were all pretty happy with this week before them.

I am trying something else this week. They handled reading one book a week the first week of school ; last week I made it two and they did fine. So, I am trying three books this week. Ethan wants to read a more advanced book in addition to the above books, so I said he could try "Old Man and the Sea" to start with. (Natalie has been reading classics and then going out with her dad to discuss them.) I told Ethan I'd take him to get a pastry at my latest favorite spot, Le Petite Provence, if he reads it.





1 comment: