Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Sermon #2 Revelation: God Speaks


Tonight is our family's Tuesday Night Sermon night. Todd doesn't have an elders meeting so he gets to listen with us. We are listening to the second in Mark Driscoll's sermon series entitle "Doctrine: What Christians Should Believe" and this sermon is called Revelation: God Speaks.

At dinner I asked the kids what they remembered from last week's sermon and Natalie said "I remember him saying "Jesus prayed to Our Father in heaven not our Papa in the shack."" Driscoll was alluding to the popular book The Shack which he called heretical for the way it deals with the Trinity. That got their attention last week but I do hope the kids remember more from the sermon than just that. I am looking forward to tonight's message and I'd better get started. It is already 8:30. Yikes.

No comments: