Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Politics



Our family has been discussing the presidential election a lot lately especially since McCain selected Sarah Palin to be his running mate. Usually politics annoy me but I have to admit I am a bit intrigued by Palin.

Our discussion tonight was on whether (in another universe, life, and time) I would accept a position as Vice President. I said I think that I would. Todd immediately disputed that and said that I wouldn't. Levi and Ethan said emphatically they would not want me to be VP. When asked why, Ethan said if I was VP I wouldn't be able to teach him and he would have to go to school. Levi said "You are not going to be so why ask me?" So I listed all the benefits to being a child of a VP and Ethan began to soften... But he said "Mom, we would lose all our freedom. We couldn't go for a walk or anywhere without being guarded." I have a cousin who is a Secret Service agent so the kids thinks they know a little bit about all that. Natalie thought that maybe it would be good to be the daughter of the Vice President because she would get better clothes.

Levi concluded this debate saying "What I think is that Dad should be president...actually I should be president."

We were going to do a school unit on the election...I think I'll skip it for now.

1 comment:

Susan said...

I agree with Ethan about the Secret Service. I would not enjoy having people follow me everywhere, although I suppose you could get used to it.

Susan